When students face the problem of writing an essay, they must certainly study the general requirements and academic rules for writing such an work. However, practice shows that general technical advices are not enough to understand the task and its successful writing.
Now we will talk about general non-technical tips that will help you write a good essay.
- Understand the purpose of writing, which is that you must convince someone who should read this essay that you understand the subject of the essay.
- Carefully read the subject of the essay, find the keywords, find out the problem.
- On the draft, write the thesis, preferably with some specific evidence that will help to reveal the subject of the work.
- Briefly and accurately note the arguments and examples.
If we talk about the structure, then the advices are following:
- The essay should begin with the introduction, which should cover the general approach to the topic, the introduction must contain a problem and the answer to the question. This is a thesis essay.
The thesis clearly defines the boundaries of writing an essay. The author of the essay has no right to describe everything that is known to him or her in the scope of a given topic.
Throughout the essay it is necessary to emphasize the connection of the submitted facts with the thesis.
- The main part of the essay is made to persuade the reader. For this, the author of the essay must use weighty arguments. First, you should highlight the main ideas and facts that will prove examples of these ideas.
The volume of the essay should not be very large (although there are no clear limits and limits on the scope of the essay).
Use of language tools in essay:
- An important role is played by comparisons.
- Much attention is paid to the internal content and the outer cover of the word. Playing with the word at the level of the original comprehension of the topic.
- The author’s use of the capital letter, when there is a need to give some emphasis, and the lower case, when it is necessary, emphasize loss of grandeur or personal value.
- Author’s use of punctuation marks, paragraphs.
- Contextual use of means of the figurative-expressive series. You do not have to be afraid of “a combination of inconsistent”; unexpected thing may be just the most interesting in the context of reflection.
- One of the main aspects is the sensory-emotional system of presentation your thoughts.